There is no doubt that the coronavirus pandemic will go down in history. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died from COVID-19. If your spouse or family member was among those who died due to COVID-19 complications, you have our deepest sympathies at The Klein Law Group, P.C.. We want you to know that you may have also have grounds for legal action against those responsible for your tragic loss.
Were Workplace Safety Precautions Inadequate Or Nonexistent?
Employers are responsible for providing a safe workplace for their employees. The added difficulty of doing so in a pandemic does not absolve them of their responsibility. If your loved one’s employer failed to adhere to safety guidelines, resulting in the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, you may be able to obtain financial compensation as well as workers’ compensation benefits.
Examples of safety precautions for protecting workers from COVID-19 exposure include creating safe spaces for people to work in, which includes:
- Allowing people to stay 6 feet away from coworkers and customers
- Building plastic shielding and barriers to protect workers from airborne germs and saliva
- Requiring employees and customers to wear masks as a preventative measure
- Offering alternative, safer working options, such as working from home, when possible
Was Your Loved One Pressured To Work Or Forego Safety Precautions?
Employers may be held liable if they had a blatant disregard for the workers’ safety. Examples include managers or supervisors giving employees instructions such as the following:
- “Come to work or you’re fired.”
- “Don’t wear masks.”
- “I don’t care if the governor says we have to close; we’re staying open.”
Get The Proven Representation You Deserve
If you think your loved one’s death was the result of negligence, we can help you decide your next move. Call 917-639-5350 or send a message to schedule your free initial consultation.
Our international staff speaks Polish, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and Russian.