Has Your Social Security Disability Claim Been Denied?
Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) claims are denied for a variety of reasons. In fact, the vast majority of claims filed by individuals are initially turned down.
New York Social Security Lawyers
If you have been turned down for SSDI benefits, you should contact the experienced Manhattan attorneys of The Klein Law Group, P.C. We handle only Social Security and workers’ compensation, and we are a small firm able to provide personal attention to every client.
Protecting Your Rights
Just because your claim was denied doesn’t mean you aren’t disabled. However, you should certainly hire an attorney experienced in appealing disability claims denied by the Social Security Administration. We will take the time to explain your rights and the benefits approval process.
Why Are Claims Denied?.
- Insufficient medical records
- Incomplete applications
- Insufficient support from qualified physicians
- Conflicting expert opinions on whether you are able to work
- Errors in applying the law to your claim
When The Klein Law Group, P.C. takes a case, we start from the beginning to ensure that your condition is well documented. We will seek additional medical opinions if necessary to attest that your condition amounts to total disability of at least 12 months (or permanently disabling).
- Initial Application — Many clients try submitting their own claim. Some are successful, but most are not. If an attorney helps with your initial claim, you are much more likely (but not guaranteed) to be approved.
- Reconsideration — If you are turned down, a Reconsideration application is submitted to the Social Security Administration. A staff member will review your new claim and approve or deny benefits.
- Appeal — If you are denied again at reconsideration, or if you believe you should qualify for a higher level of benefits, you can appeal for a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge. We will help you prepare for the hearing and be at your side during the proceeding. The judge will decide whether to overturn the SSA’s denial or uphold the decision.
- Litigation — If you are denied again at the appeal stage, you have the option of taking your case to trial in federal court. We will give an honest legal opinion about the merits of your claim and advise you about going to court.
No Fee Unless We Recover
Whether helping file your initial application or representing you on appeal, we do not charge any fees until you are approved for benefits. If all appeals are denied, you do not owe us anything. These cases can take many months, even years, but we stick by our clients and aggressively promote their interests at every stage.
Contact the Social Security Disability attorneys of The Klein Law Group, P.C. today for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. You have everything to gain, even if you have been previously denied once or twice.