At the Klein Law Group, I believe in empowering workers to know their rights before a workplace injury happens. This allows them to respond swiftly and effectively, better protecting their long-term health as well as their legal rights.
To that end, I recently taught a class on workers' compensation and personal injury basics at Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx. About 300 workers attended to learn the basics about workers' compensation law so they can protect their interests on the job.
Workers' compensation basics
At my pro bono workers' compensation class at Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx, we discussed:
- How workers can protect themselves in the event of an accident
- Reporting requirements, who to speak with, how to make statements that protect workers' rights
- The right to medical treatment and doctors of the worker's choosing
- Money recovery available in workers' compensation and personal injury cases
- The interplay of workers' compensation and personal injury
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) fundamentals
I teach pro bono classes all over the city as part of my mission to keep New York's workers as safe and healthy as possible. I have taught hundreds of classes in workers' compensation and personal injury law for many of the city's unions and neighborhood outreach groups. As a teacher, I welcome you to come in for a free consultation, in English, Spanish, Polish or Chinese, to learn your rights.
Please follow the firm on social media to learn about upcoming events, and always contact an attorney if you have questions about your rights after a workplace injury.