Leslie G. Tilles
Of all the satisfactions practicing workers' compensation and social security disability laws, the greatest by far is when a client takes the trouble to give me a special thank-you. A birthday card, a home-made gift at Christmas-it might just be a small note of gratitude, but at those times I am reminded why, since 1991, I come to work each morning.
A graduate of Benjamin Cardozo Law School, I have presented at a conference for Ground Zero clean-up workers hosted by Mount Sinai Hospital. I am licensed in New York and New Jersey. Understanding the differences and similarities between New York and New Jersey's workers' compensation laws has been a fascinating aspect of my work, and a compelling subject for study.
A particular focus has been on litigating Ground Zero claims. The cases are long and complex, but my efforts have been rewarded time and again. I have also been working closely with the personal injury attorneys throughout the city who ask The Klein Law Group to help their clients who have not only personal injury cases, but also workers' compensation and social security disability claims. I think of these referral attorneys as my friends, and I enjoy coordinating strategy, maximizing Kelly value, and making happy clients who feel confident referring to my friends and fellow lawyers, their own family, friends, and, neighbors.
I have also taken great pleasure and had extraordinary success representing small business owners who have received excessive audits or excessive worker's compensation penalties. My most memorable success to date is having saved on small business more than $200,000.00 in penalties excessively and unjustly levied by the Workers' Compensation Board.
I was voted a Super Lawyer for 2014, am President of the New York Chapter of IBN/International Business Network, and I'm also a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce.
Areas Of Practice
- Represent Injured Workers Under Workers' Compensation Law
- Represent Clients in their Claim for Social Security Benefits
- New York, 1991
- New Jersey, 1991
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New Jersey
- Honors: Dean's list
- Major: Visual and Performing Arts
- Union Local 78 , City Heath and Hosp. Employees
- Presenter, Conference for Ground Zero clean-up workers hosted by Mount Sinai Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 1994 to 2005
- BNI/Business Network International
Pro Bono Activities
- Greater New York Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Delta Gamma