Darren Rumack fights for our clients' rights to a legal wage, to proper overtime pay, and to a workplace free from unlawful discrimination.
Prior to joining The Klein Law Group, Darren was an associate at a New York law firm where he handled labor and employment law matters on behalf of employers in wage-and-hour, discrimination, and harassment cases. Now, with his insider's perspective, Darren can anticipate what the other side is thinking and planning, and can strategize an effective response.
Darren represents employees in single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff and collective action cases against employers in a wide range of industries, including bars and restaurants, factories and car washes.
Darren also provides effective representation for employers, defending companies in both single-plaintiff and collective action wage and hour lawsuits in federal court, and in wage and hours audits with the New York State Department of Labor. He is now a member of the NYC Bar Association Restaurants and Hospitality Committee, and a member of the Cornell University ILR School Scheinman Institute Roster of Neutrals.
In May 2018, Darren was quoted in a City Limits piece about proposed minimum wage changes because of his experience protecting the rights and wages of immigrant workers. Read the story to learn more.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Construction Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Social Security -Disability
- Employment Law
- Wages & Hours
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- District of Columbia
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2007
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- B.S. - 2004
- Major: School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Wages & Hours, and Social Security Disability Law for Continuing Visions: Continuing Education For The Funeral Profession
Past Employment Position
- Grotta, Glassman & Hoffman, Summer Associate
- Federal Public Defender, Middle District of Tennessee (Nashville), Summer Extern
Pro Bono Activities
- NYC Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Committee, Member
- Pro Bono Advocate, EDNY Mediation Advocacy Program